Southern Ute Indian Montessori Academy
Please read the letter from the Department of Education regarding morning drop off, breakfast times and tardy/early sign out.
Yay!!! We have snow that means building snowmen, sledding, skiing and all other kinds of fun winter activities. Even with all the fun around us here are a few safety tips to stay safe in the snow.
- Wash hands frequently to help prevent the spread of viruses
- Wear Sunscreen, snow can reflect up to 85% the sun’s ultraviolet rays
- Goggles or Eyewear that has UV protection from the sun
- Dress in layers
- Waterproof pants and jackets to keep the clothes dry
- Mittens/gloves aren’t just for Frosty.
- Take breaks often when playing outside.
Remember not wearing enough protective clothing puts you at risk for FROSTBITE. If there’s concern for frostbite NEVER stick frostbitten part in hot water or place something hot against it. Call your doctor and seek medical attention.
This letter is regarding School Closure for Inclement Weather.
The decision to delay or close school is a careful decision made by the Tribal Administration.
Please call the Tribal Hotline at 970-563-4800 to see if there is a delay or closure.
A REMIND message will be sent to parents/guardians from the SUIMA Administration and/or our teachers as well. Please check your REMIND.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please call SUIMA Administration at 970-563-0253.
Russel Box Sr. telling Ute tales for PAG on December 19, 2018.