Yay!!! We have snow that means building snowmen, sledding, skiing and all other kinds of fun winter activities. Even with all the fun around us here are a few safety tips to stay safe in the snow.
- Wash hands frequently to help prevent the spread of viruses
- Wear Sunscreen, snow can reflect up to 85% the sun’s ultraviolet rays
- Goggles or Eyewear that has UV protection from the sun
- Dress in layers
- Waterproof pants and jackets to keep the clothes dry
- Mittens/gloves aren’t just for Frosty.
- Take breaks often when playing outside.
Remember not wearing enough protective clothing puts you at risk for FROSTBITE. If there’s concern for frostbite NEVER stick frostbitten part in hot water or place something hot against it. Call your doctor and seek medical attention.